Preconference Evaluation: Individual Success Plan (ISP)
The Individual Success Plan (ISP) assignment in this course requires your collaboration with the course faculty early on to establish a plan for successful completion of mutually identified and agreed-upon specific deliverables for your programmatic requirements. Programmatic requirements are: (1) completion of required practice immersion hours, (2) completion of work associated with program competencies, and (3) work associated with completion of your Direct Practice Improvement (DPI) Project.
A preconference meeting is intended for the learner and preceptor/mentor to review course- and learner-specific learning objectives: the roles, responsibilities, and expectations of the learner and preceptor/mentor during this practice immersion experience. All faculty and preceptor/mentor information will be given to each party by the learner. Any course or program information requested by the preceptor/mentor will be provided by the learner. During this meeting, the learner and preceptor/mentor will discuss the course and practice immersion goals, including any projects that are to take place. The faculty will review the submitted document and must approve proposed projects at this time. The faculty will also send an introductory email to the preceptor/mentor.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment as it pertains to deliverables due in this course.
- Locate and download Individual Success Plan (ISP) and Direct Practice Improvement (DPI) timeline documents in the DNP PI Workspace.
- Review the DNP Program Milestones document in the DNP PI Workspace and identify which domains, competencies, and milestones apply to this course. Note: Not all courses have milestones.
- Determine what practice immersion experiences you plan to seek in order to address each competency. Include how many hours you plan to set aside to meet your goals. Learners will apply concepts from each of their core courses to reflect upon, critically examine, and improve current practice and are required to integrate scholarly readings to develop case reports that demonstrate increasingly complex and proficient practice.
- Use the ISP to develop a personal plan for completing your practice immersion hours and how competencies will be met. Show all of the major milestones and deliverables in the timeline.
- Within the ISP, ensure you identify specific deliverables which can include the following: individualized DNP practice immersion contracts; comprehensive log of practice immersion hours applied to doctoral-level learning outcomes; learner evaluations; preceptor/mentor evaluations; current and updated CV; scholarly activities; GCU DNP competency self-assessment; reflective journal; course goals and plan for how competencies and practice immersion hours will be met; faculty and preceptor/mentor approvals of course goals and documented practice immersion hours; and DPI Project milestones.
- A preconference and a postconference/evaluation between learners and preceptors/mentors are mandatory for all learners enrolled in all DNP courses (from DNP-805 and DNP-815A on). Conferences may be conducted face-to-face or via technology. A copy of the wet-ink or digitally (digital identifier) signed document must be uploaded into the digital classroom no later than the end of Topic 1.
- Overall course- and learner-specific objectives: These objectives should be discussed during each conference, as learners are responsible for completing all experiences as mandated for the program.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
- Learners will submit this assignment using the assignment dropbox in the digital classroom. In addition, learners must upload this deliverable to the Learner Dissertation Page (LDP) in the DNP PI Workspace for later use.
- Identify the specific deliverables you will complete throughout this course from those defined above with your faculty. Update your faculty/chair with any revisions or changes to the ISP.
- List the challenges you expect to encounter as you continue the practice immersion hour and competency requirements throughout this course. How might you overcome these challenges?
- Complete the Contact Information table at the beginning of the ISP resource and type in your signature (learner only) and the date on which you completed the table. Read the information in the ISP document, including the following: Learner Expectations, Derivation of the ISP, and Instructions for Completing the ISP.
- Follow the instructions and complete the ISP.