TOPIC: LITERATURE REVIEW: THE USE OF CLINICAL SYSTEMS TO IMPROVE OUTCOMES AND EFFICIENCIES
- Review the Resources and reflect on the impact of clinical systems on outcomes and efficiencies within the context of nursing practice and healthcare delivery.
- Conduct a search for recent (within the last 5 years) research focused on the application of clinical systems. The research should provide evidence to support the use of one type of clinical system to improve outcomes and/or efficiencies, such as “the use of personal health records or portals to support patients newly diagnosed with diabetes.”
- Identify and select 4 peer-reviewed research articles from your research.
- For information about annotated bibliographies, visit https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/assignments/annotatedbibliographiesLinks to an external site.
The Assignment: (4-5 pages not including the title and reference page)
In a 4- to 5-page paper, synthesize the peer-reviewed research you reviewed. Format your Assignment as an Annotated Bibliography. Be sure to address the following:
- Identify the 4 peer-reviewed research articles you reviewed citing each in APA format.
- Include an introduction explaining the purpose of the paper.
- Summarize each study explaining the improvement to outcomes efficiencies and lessons learned from the application of the clinical system each peer-reviewed article described. Be specific and provide examples.
- In your conclusion, synthesize the findings from the 4 peer-reviewed research articles.
- Use APA format and include a title page.
- Use the Safe Assign Drafts to check your match percentage before submitting your work.
Rubrics for grading
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome In a 4- to 5-page paper, synthesize the peer-reviewed research you reviewed. Format your Assignment as an Annotated Bibliography. Be sure to address the following· Properly identify 4 peer-reviewed research articles you reviewed- The response identifies 4 peer-reviewed research articles for the Assignment.
Summarize each study, explaining the improvement to outcomes, efficiencies, and lessons learned from the application of the clinical system each peer-reviewed article described. Be specific and provide examples – The response accurately and thoroughly summarizes in detail each study reviewed, explaining in detail the improvement to outcomes, efficiencies, and lessons learned from the application of the clinical system each peer-reviewed article described.Specific, accurate, and detailed examples are provided which fully support the response.
Synthesize the findings from the 4 peer-reviewed research articles in a cohesive conclusion – Response includes a synthesis of the findings in an exceptionally well-written conclusion.
Written Expression and Formatting – Paragraph Development and Organization:Paragraphs make clear points that support well developed ideas, flow logically, and demonstrate continuity of ideas. Sentences are carefully focused–neither long and rambling nor short and lacking substance – Paragraphs and sentences follow writing standards for flow, continuity, and clarity.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeWritten Expression and Formatting – English writing standards:Correct grammar, mechanics, and proper punctuation – Uses correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation with no errors.
Written Expression and Formatting – APA:The paper follows correct APA format for title page, headings, font, spacing, margins, indentations, page numbers, parenthetical/in-text citations, and reference list- Uses correct APA format with no errors.
McGonigle, D., & Mastrian, K. G. (2022). Nursing informatics and the foundation of knowledge (5th ed.). Jones & Bartlett Learning.
- Chapter 14, “The Electronic Health Record and Clinical Informatics” (pp. 293–316)
- Chapter 15, “Informatics Tools to Promote Patient Safety, Quality Outcomes, and Interdisciplinary Collaboration” (pp. 323–349)
- Chapter 16, “Patient Engagement and Connected Health” (pp. 357–378)
- Chapter 17, “Using Informatics to Promote Community/Population Health” (pp. 383–397)
- Chapter 18, “Telenursing and Remote Access Telehealth” (pp. 403–432)
- Dykes, P. C., Rozenblum, R., Dalal, A., Massaro, A., Chang, F., Clements, M., Collins, S. …Bates, D. W. (2017). Prospective evaluation of a multifaceted intervention to improve outcomes in intensive care: The Promoting Respect and Ongoing Safety Through Patient Engagement Communication and Technology Study Download Prospective evaluation of a multifaceted intervention to improve outcomes in intensive care: The Promoting Respect and Ongoing Safety Through Patient Engagement Communication and Technology Study. Critical Care Medicine, 45(8), e806–e813. doi:10.1097/CCM.0000000000002449
- gov. (2018c). What is an electronic health record (EHR)? Links to an external site.Retrieved from
- Rao-Gupta, S., Kruger, D. Leak, L. D., Tieman, L. A., & Manworren, R. C. B. (2018). Leveraging interactive patient care technology to Improve pain management engagement Links to an external site.. Pain Management Nursing, 19(3), 212–221.
- Skiba, D. (2017). Evaluation tools to appraise social media and mobile applications Links to an external site.. Informatics, 4(3), 32–40.