The purpose of this assignment is to determine what is needed to promote successful implementation and sustainability of a quality or safety program for your selected health care entity/issue.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that you support your position by referencing six to eight scholarly resources. At least three of your supporting references must be from scholarly sources other than the assigned readings.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
- Learners will submit this assignment using the assignment dropbox in the digital classroom. In addition, learners must upload this deliverable to the Learner Dissertation Page (LDP) in the DNP PI Workspace for later use.
Write a paper (2,000-2,500 words) that provides the following:
- Incorporate all necessary revisions and corrections suggested by your instructor for Part 1. Synthesize the different elements of Part 1 and Part 2 into one paper using transitions to connect ideas and concepts.
- Evaluate current evidenced-based quality and/or safety program designs that can be implemented to improve the quality and/or safety outcomes for your selected quality and/safety issue at your identified health care entity. Based on this evaluation, propose an evidence-based quality and/or safety program to address your selected issue from Part 1. Explain how your proposed design will better improve the outcomes for the selected quality and/or safety issue as compared to the program currently in place at the health care entity.
- Identify potential obstacles (such as economics or ethical issues) that may hinder the implementation of the proposed quality and/or safety program and suggest ways to overcome these.
- Identify stakeholders within the selected health care entity with whom you may need to collaborate and discuss the role of each stakeholder in the implementation of the proposed program. In the identification of stakeholders, also include specific groups and leaders that are needed.
- Identify a change management theory you will use to support the implementation of your quality and/or safety program. Provide evidence that supports the use of this theory within the program you designed.
- Discuss the expected outcomes of the implementation of your proposed quality and/or safety program and ways to ensure sustainability of the expected outcomes.