The Individual Success Plan (ISP) assignment in this course requires your collaboration with the course faculty early on to establish a plan for successful completion of mutually identified and agreed-upon specific deliverables for your programmatic requirements. Programmatic requirements are: (1) completion of required practice immersion hours, (2) completion of work associated with program competencies, and (3) work associated with completion of your Direct Practice Improvement (DPI) Project.
A postconference evaluation is mandatory and will occur at the end of this course and every subsequent course using the ISP form. This is intended for the learner and preceptor/mentor to review and evaluate the completion of the ISP. The faculty will validate that all areas are at “Meets Expectations” on the preceptor/mentor evaluation form, located in Typhon or Lopes Activity Tracker, prior to progression. The learner will upload the ISP and preceptor/mentor evaluations and proof of entered and approved practice immersion hours into the digital classroom by Topic 8 with the other required deliverables. Faculty will review this before filling out the faculty evaluation of the learner in Typhon or Lopes Activity Tracker, which the learner will also upload in Topic 8. The course faculty will complete a separate evaluation of the learner’s performance in the digital classroom. The faculty is responsible for any course grading, final course grade, and validation of the learner’s completed practice immersion hours.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment as it pertains to deliverables due in this course.
- Use the Individual Success Plan (ISP) developed in Topic 1 as a personal plan for completing your practice immersion hours and how competencies will be met. All of the major milestones and deliverables should be indicated in the timeline.
- Conferences may be conducted face-to-face or via technology. A copy of the signed document will be uploaded into the digital classroom no later than the end of Topic 8.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
- Learners will submit this assignment using the assignment dropbox in the digital classroom. In addition, learners must upload this deliverable to the Learner Dissertation Page (LDP) in the DNP PI Workspace for later use.
- Identify the specific deliverables you will complete throughout this course from those defined above with your faculty. Update your faculty/chair with any revisions or changes to the ISP.
- List the challenges you expect to encounter as you continue the practice immersion hour and competency requirements throughout this course. How might you overcome these challenges?
- Complete the Contact Information table at the beginning of the ISP resource and type in your signature (learner only) and the date on which you completed the table. Read the information in the ISP document, including the following: Learner Expectations, Derivation of the ISP, and Instructions for Completing the ISP.
- Follow the instructions and complete the ISP.